Archived: Increase the percentage of agencies with strategic plans aligned to Results Washington goals
- Allows agencies and staff to understand how their own agency and individual contributions contribute to the attainment of the state’s goals.
- Increases the potential of improving and accelerating operational execution.
- Opens the door for agencies to move quickly from strategy planning to strategy execution.
- Facilitates the coordination and integration the activities of the various functional areas within state government in order to achieve long-term organizational objectives.
Of the 51 executive cabinet, small agency cabinets, boards and separately elected agencies that are part of Results Washington:
- 44 responded “Yes”. Their agency strategic plans align to Results Washington goals.
- 0 responded “No”. Their agency strategic plan does not align aligns to Results Washington goals.
- 7 agencies did not respond.
The following three agencies did not report in 2013, 2015, or 2017 and are not represented in the data above:
- Council of Presidents
- Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Center for Childhood Deafness & Hearing Loss
As a result of the June 2016 report out, Results Washington interviewed several agency strategic plan managers to explore idea of connecting agencies to share information about strategic planning efforts. There was strong interest and our recent survey confirmed that - with 30 agencies expressing interest. Results Washington will convene interested agencies in Q2 as a branch of our learning community design.
Results Washington will also reach out to the agencies that did not respond and offer assistance or technical support to help agencies align their agency strategic plans.
Washington state outcome measures and leading indicators can be found on the Results Washington web site. (click here)
Reported by: Results Washington